The AMDSB is partnering with the Stratford Festival again to offer students across our board the opportunity to further develop their acting skills. My Academy 2017 will be 7 sessions, running through the second semester. Sessions will be held in the drama room at Stratford Northwestern one week and Goderich DCI the next week.
About My Academy
The My Academy program will offer students a unique integrated arts opportunity to enrich their existing high school arts programming by working closely with the Stratford Festival and its artisans.
There is no cost to the students and transport from their home school will be provided.
Students attending secondary schools in Perth County will attend the program at Stratford Northwestern, and students attending secondary schools in Huron County will attend the program in Goderich.
We will limit the amount each student can participate if the interest is high.
My Academy Breakdown
- Acting: – Breaking down a monologue, text tools for the actor, finding the need for the words; Creating a character through movement and text; Scene study, breaking down a scene and playing off one another.
- Musical Theatre: – The song as monologue, from text into song, from text into song and then into dance.
- Technical Theatre & Lighting: the exploration of colour for the stage and how it effects costumes
- Sound: - the creation of story telling and support of the action onstage through sound
- Costumes: – how to create (even on a budget) designs for the stage based on the information from the play.
- Feb 9th, 23rd
- March 9th, 30th
- April 13th, 27th
- May 11th
- Feb 16th
- March 2nd, 23rd
- April 6th, 20th
- May 4th, May 18th